06 October 2011

Autumn Thoughts

It's Autumn again here in Southern Florida. The weather changes are extremely subtle when the seasons change here, unfortunately. There has been a shift in the humidity and in the heat index. Noticeable, if one is perceptive enough. It's nothing as spectacular as it is up in the northeast. I miss New England most at this time of year. If I were to live in the best of both worlds, it would be in Maine from June through November and in Florida from December through May. How spectacular would that be? The best of both worlds, indeed!


The sounds, sights, and smells of my childhood have come to pay homage in my mind this day: the sounds of crunching leaves underfoot as I trudge on forest paths in early Fall; the smell of the crisp, cool air and the feel of the warm, Autumn sun on my skin. The sun is always warm in early Autumn ... not hot and blinding as it is in Summer, but warm and soft and subdued. The air is usually crisp, but as the day progresses the sun's rays heat the air a little, yet there is a consistent sharpness in it to remind us all that Winter is rapping insistently on Earth's door.


Today, I had an epiphany about my Self and my Life, as I've had in the past many times.Today, I am reminded that Time has quickly passed through the Spring and Summer of my years. We can not harness Time, nor can we tame it or slow it down. Time has a mind of its own and travels where it will, when it will. We are simply pawns in Time's power and grasp ... and in accepting Time as it is, it becomes less an enemy and more like an old friend.


I am stepping boldly into the next season of my Lifetime. I am entering the Autumn of my Lifetime, leaving the Summer behind quietly, with many smiles and tears, and with grace and gratefulness. It is time for a new Season to begin ... a new chapter, a new epic to be written. And it is coming at the very moment that Autumn paints the canvas of Nature in New England. Autumn in Nature and Autumn in my Lifetime are intertwining and the blessings will be many. I am sure of it!


Namaste, my friends ...

1 comment:

  1. I smelled every scent, felt every breeze, the sun, the colors. Autumn is indeed one of the most beautiful times of the year. An ending of one season a beginning to another. We learn in these cycles that they are an archetype of the seasons in our own lives and that nothing ends without new beginnings to follow. You are a beautiful person, Kathi and I am richer for knowing you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and ALWAYS remember to be respectful and tactful ... Blessings :)