08 October 2011

Words ...

Tomorrow, on October 8th,  it will be exactly 8 weeks since I lost someone whom I was extremely close to, and whom I'd been primary caregiver to for the last 3 years. It's strange how much of an impact another Soul can have on us and our present existence. It's strange how watching someone you care about so deeply taking her last breath can be so touching, so intense as to leave its mark upon your mind forever.

Someone said to me today, in anger, "You're not grieving for her. You're relieved." It matters not what was said to initiate that kind of blatant, psychic attack. The words were said in anger, pain, frustration. But the words were uttered, and that is what matters. Because they are so far from my truth, my reality, I will not accept them. Nor will I allow them to take hold of my entire existence and make me retaliate, (except for the little container I threw and broke all over the floor)! But that, alas, is simply a thing. Things can be replaced. Words can not be retrieved once tossed at someone.

I know words can hurt or heal. I've always known that. But I also know that being strong and knowing how to curtail an attack with words is an art, as well. I know I can hurt another with words, too. And I have done so, many times. Sometimes I truly regret it, sometimes I do not. The fact is, we are ALL human, and we ALL say hurtful things, to those we love, to those we like, to those we don't like. We ALL react at times, and we ALL respond at times. We all hurt, we all heal. It's all part of this human experience.

I hope that from here on out, for today at least, my words are not harmful. I hope that my words are healing.
Peace to all ~

Namasté, my friends ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and ALWAYS remember to be respectful and tactful ... Blessings :)